CARTO is changing the way maps are made by building the easiest, most powerful data mapping engine ever. We have more than 200,000 loyal users and customers around the world. The amount of location-based data is exploding, and from biodiversity to transportation to marketing, people around the world are using CARTO to bring their data to life.
As a key member of the CARTO team, the Product Manager will serve as the critical bridge between the business needs of our customers, our account teams, and the engineers who build products. Product Managers will work with sales teams and customers to understand current and future market needs as well as with engineering throughout the development process. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for bringing products to market and ensuring a successful execution of the product strategy.
This position is based out of our Madrid, Spain office. Some travel will be required.
- Lead effort to develop new Location Intelligence products and features.
- Gather ideas/use cases, develop business cases, and create product specifications for these products.
- Participation in full software development lifecycle including requirements analysis and design, working closely with technical and product teams.
- Work closely with engineers along the entire development cycle to ensure requirements are understood and releases are delivered on time and on scope.
- Provide input and execute on efforts to improve the efficiency and quality of our development projects.
- Work with Senior Management, Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Sales Operations, and Engineering to understand customer business requirements, define product vision and capture functional needs.
- Prioritize resource allocation based on competing priorities.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to ensure new capabilities are successfully brought to market.
- BA/BS ideally with Computer Science course work.
- 5 years prior business experience in a relevant technology domain.
- Familiarity with GIS or BI technology.
- Proven product management experience developing and integrating with web services APIs.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills with the ability to learn quickly and function in a do-it-yourself environment.
- Strong commercial insight, ability to develop both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment.
- Desire and willingness to be challenged and learn about new technologies as domains.
- Excellent English, written and spoken.
- Experience with early stage companies.
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- Access to our Employee Stock Options Plan.
- Every Friday afternoon is Leapfrog time, where you will be working on whatever you like related to CARTO.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment in the center of Madrid.
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee and even a cinema :)
At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit