The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. For more information, visit carta.com.
The Team You Will Work With:
Carta is looking for an experienced Accountant to become our first accounting hire in Brazil. The role will be reporting to the Director of Accounting based out of the US. This individual will be a key member of the Finance team and will help drive process improvements and help with all aspects of accounting for our subsidiary in Brazil. The scope of this role is broad with exposure to many areas of accounting and finance as well as cross functional work with other departments throughout the company.
The Problems You’ll Solve:
- Month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures, journal entries, account reconciliations.
- Manage 3rd party accounting vendors as well as manage relationships with service providers for the company.
- Manage Cash functions including timely reconciliations and funding for the Brazilian entity.
- Review and approve monthly payroll assuring compliance with tax and government authorities.
- Review and approve payroll.
- Manage vacation and leave payment.
- Manage employee reimbursement workflow.
- Work with HR in managing terminations & severance calculations and payments.
- Point of contact for statutory filings, E-social, and audits as well as support for parent companies annual financial audit.
- Qualified accountant with at least 3 years post qualification experience (preferably gained in software environment, fintech, or public accounting firm.
- Strong technical and analytical skills including knowledge of IFRS.
- Knowledge of Brazil statutory reporting requirements.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and on a team.
- The ideal candidate will have experience managing and leading projects within accounting.
- Experience with Oracle's NetSuite general ledger software.
- Ability to work independently and maintain open communication with coworkers, especially for team members that are remote.
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Only resumes in English will be considered
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.