The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. For more information, visit carta.com.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Carta is looking for an experienced UX Writer/Content Strategist who has mastered the art of bringing together the right content, to the right person, in the right place, at the right time, and in the right context. They will help paint Carta’s digital canvas by planning, developing, and managing the delivery of digital content to our customers. Their expertise will be called upon often throughout the design process to ensure that we ship best in class products to our customers and colleagues. This person will work alongside our exceptional design team, partnering with product managers, marketing, engineering, and more to define and deliver strategic initiatives across the company.
Our ideal candidate is savvy, curious, enjoys working cross-functionally, and can effectively communicate and deliver strategic direction to leadership. This person must be a self-starter who can work through ambiguity to lead projects from start to finish. We want someone who will help our teams envision and build experiences that bridge the digital and analog worlds for our customers, helping us create more owners
Additionally you will:
- Own key strategic projects from start to finish while consulting with and enabling designers, product managers, and marketers to deliver excellent user-centered content
- Evolve and establish the voice and tone for Carta user experience across our digital products - producing controlled vocabularies, taxonomies, and style guides that allow your expertise to scale
- Oversee content requirements and create content strategy deliverables across a project life cycle, including content audits and gap analysis
- Write customer facing content for web and mobile interfaces including onboarding flows, interaction flows, labels, error messages, transactional emails, and educational materials
- Define the content strategy management process across teams at Carta
- Develop framework for designers to write copy with ease in accordance with our guidelines
- Extend and maintain consistent tone and language in new products and features
- Advocate for clear understandable, human language in product design
We are looking for a strong Lead UX Writer to help shape a strong and consistent content strategy approach across all the current and future Carta products. Someone who will lead key strategic projects, while also consulting and guiding others in best practices. In addition, you have:
- 8+ years of creating and delivering compelling content strategy and UX writing resulting in a sound ability to scope a project, audit, research, iterate, create, and implement recommendations
- Great presentation and communication skills with the ability to understand the audience, to structure effective presentations, and distill key messages to effectively inform and persuade
- An ability to lead and collaborate on cross-functional projects; to manage and prioritize the workload and expectations of stakeholders
- Educate stakeholders in content strategy best practices
- An ability to flourish with minimal guidance, in a dynamic, fast-changing environment, and be proactive in times of ambiguity
- Confidence in challenging the status quo to drive constant improvement
- Have a big-picture mindset to solve problems with strong business discernment, high degree of creativity in identifying opportunity, while cherishing the details of great user experience
- Experience creating content for with digital applications, platforms, and products
- Expertise in writing brand-consistent content that meets project goals and addresses user needs
- Fluency in great user-centered design process and product development process
- Ability to work flexibly, yet efficiently — exercising a balance between research rigor and design scrappiness.
- High comfort level with ambiguity; openness to critique from other disciplines and curiosity to learn from a spectrum of perspectives.
- A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your experience in the design process, writing different types of UX copy, and solving user problems through content.
- Nice-to-have: experience with finance, or the venture capital space
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.