The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. For more information, visit carta.com.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be joining that Tax Platform team within Carta Liquidity. We take on projects that transform the way Carta looks and feels for our users. We nurture understanding and empathy for our users. We represent them in building our product and we solve their problems. We are building a team that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and feedback. We’re moving towards our vision one step at a time, and care about the details on the way there. We pride ourselves on developing deep domain expertise so we can bridge the gap between where we are today and what the future could be. We are thoughtful, hold the bar high for what good looks like, and are our own most stringent critic of the outcomes we produce. We measure success by the feedback we hear from our users and our impact on business goals.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Tax withholding and tax filing and reporting are crucial components to equity transaction and management, and are pain points for our customers. It’s not surprising that getting taxes right is important. It’s time to enhance our tax platform and provide companies and Carta the reliable tax tools needed.
Some of the problems you’ll help us solve:
- How can we improve and scale our tax engine?
- How can we create a cohesive and fruitful tax admin experience?
- How can we expand our tax platform internationally?
- Own the end to end product lifecycle for your product area, including market research, product requirements, execution, and product marketing.
- Own the vision and roadmap for core user experiences for tax admins on Carta.
- Inspire and lead team and partners through ambiguity and user challenges.
The Impact You’ll Have
Providing a scalable and reliable tax platform product for companies as a part of their equity management platform is a key differentiating product for Carta. You will get to lead products and help scale this newly formed platform team to tackle a complex problem that would ease a burden of our customers.
You’re a problem solver who gets into the details. You know how to figure things out and ship good product where others spiral. You’re naturally curious and obsessive about learning. You care about doing the right thing as much as you do winning.
- 5+Years defining and launching products end to end
- Delivered products with ambiguity
- Comfortable owning multiple cross-functional products concurrently
- You have worked in a tax related field
- Storytelling: Strong communication skills with amazing storytelling skills!
- Data: Work effectively with data and empower your team and stakeholders with insights
- Entrepreneurial: Track record of taking an idea to reality
- Collaborate effectively across cross-functional teams and manage stakeholders across product, design, engineering
- Experience managing and leading a team of product managers
- You are able to balance uncertainty with vision, creating long-term plans while understanding when they need to change.
- You have strong communication skills and can navigate complex discussions
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.