The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be part of a new group under Treasury to support Carta’s Fund Administration team with venture capital client’s daily banking and payment processing operations.
The Problems You’ll Solve
In this role, you’ll work closely with the Fund Administration team to help with the day-to-day payment processing requests on behalf of the venture capital clients.
- Initiate and review ACH, wires, and F/X funds transfers for client’s approval
- Create and initiate vendor payments on bill.com
- Generate bank statements and payment transaction reports
- Work with Onboard and Preclose teams to set up new client’s bank accounts
- Collect W9s and confirm wire instructions for new payees or vendors
- Support Fund Admin team on any bank account related inquiries
- Help develop and maintain operational procedures
- Participate and partner with cross-functional teams on product related initiatives and process improvements
- 2-3 years of Treasury, payment processing, or banking services experience
- Understanding of Fund Administration is a plus
- Strong Excel knowledge and technical aptitude
- Must love problem solving and reconciling data
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Intellectual curiosity with an appetite to constantly learn more
- Strong work ethic, organized, and high attention to detail
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Flexible to changes and can excel in a fast moving working culture
Covid Vaccine Policy
In an effort to safeguard the health of our employees, Carta has implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine (including boosters as the individuals become eligible for them). Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Carta will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Carta’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community, and to support public health efforts.