The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be part of the Marketing organization, which encompasses Marketing Communications, Brand, Business Development, Editorial, Growth Products and Policy & Government Affairs. We have teammates across the country who love spreading the word about Carta, democratizing equity ownership, and increasing access to financial education.
Your team has put out the most iconic consumer marketing campaigns, created and sold TV shows in Hollywood, been on the floor of Congress during the financial crisis, written political speeches heard by thousands, led the rebrand of Carta from eShares, and created thoughtful products for startup founders. The Marketing organization embodies what Carta is. We sit in our Platform organization, in a unique position of visibility across the organization with a hunger for new and creative initiatives.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- You have an innate desire to marry a best in-class event experience with a unique Carta voice. You enjoy the creative process to create the best end product even if it takes longer to get there.
- You bring your Events expertise to support the rest of Carta’s marketing functions. How do events amplify our marketing message? How does an event experience complete the user journey? We need a holistic marketing thinker with experiences working cross functionally.
- Carta grows fast and our marketing moves even faster. You play a SME role on events to advise your project stakeholders on what defines a world-class event experience. You have the open-mindedness to solve problems with the teams when the timeline and budget don’t make sense.
- You understand the power in making connections within our broader ecosystem and finding synergies and partnerships with outside organizations that amplify Carta’s message.
- You have clear quantifiable goals in mind in your day-to-day operations. You know how to align on goals with leadership and set expectations whenever necessary. You can see round corners and anticipate problems before they become one.
- Carta’s vision is to create more owners. We hire people with the same owner mentality. No details are too small for me to overlook. There is nothing I won't consider if it's right for the end user. You have to feel the same sense of ownership with everyone else who works around you.
- You enjoy making really great things and putting it out there for the world to experience.
- You love looking after every detail because you believe in a meticulous user experience.
- You thrive in a team environment where people bring the best of themselves to work.
- You are confident, experienced, and considerate. You can put yourself in other people’s shoes and find the right way to influence.
- You have applicable industry knowledge and ideally VC, accelerator or FinTech startup experience.
- You love a challenge. You get bored quickly doing the same thing over and over.
- You are reliable and open-minded. People love to come to you to ideate and problem solve.
- You think of yourself as an owner. You take pride in what you do and want everything to be great for the users and for your team.
Covid Vaccine Policy
In an effort to safeguard the health of our employees, Carta has implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine (including boosters as the individuals become eligible for them). Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Carta will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Carta’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community, and to support public health efforts.