The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. For more information, visit carta.com.
Your Role at Carta
You will join our team of passionate learners, builders, experts, and leaders to define and implement Carta's next generation of products, platforms, and infrastructure. You'll collaborate closely with key stakeholders in Product, Business, and Design. Carta's software engineers contribute in many different ways: sometimes we are shipping new product features, architecting simple and maintainable systems, or training the organization on new technology solutions. You will make your own mark here.
The Impact You’ll Have
Most of Carta's long-term success will come from products and technology that have yet to be built. Here is an incomplete list of how you might contribute:
- Building customer-facing enterprise tools for equity administration
- Creating data pipelines for asynchronously aggregating financial reports
- Reinforcing service resiliency, availability, and fault tolerance
- Streamlining the creation of new features and services within our ecosystem
- Integrating with third-party vendors to provide reliable, accurate, and timely transfers of billions of dollars per year through Carta's platform
- Refactoring existing features into standalone event-driven services
- And others for you to discover and champion
You'll work directly with internal and external stakeholders to ensure we're building the right thing at the right time with the right people. Your contributions will enable Carta's mission to make equity more available and accessible to everyone.
Whether you are a new college graduate or a Staff Engineer with 10 years of leadership experience, you continuously strive to improve yourself and those around you. Additionally,
- You have strong technical skills and are an excellent collaborator.
- You implement systems that are clear, maintainable, and correct.
- You are excited by opportunities to both break ground on new projects and provide fresh perspective onto past implementations.
- You want to build and own your work end-to-end.
- You are eager to move fast, but recognize when to build for the future.
The Interview Process
First, one of our recruiters will call you to tell you more about the job and company. You'll then meet an Engineering Manager who will discuss your opportunities at Carta and explore your experience, skills, and goals. Next, we’ll send you a technical take-home exercise where you’ll implement a software solution to a small engineering problem. Finally, you'll have five back-to-back conversations with Carta team members on a wide range of topics, including communications and collaboration, coding efficacy and techniques, and systems design.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. If you are located in New York, our expected cash compensation salary range for this role $161,500 - $290,000 (if applicable, + commission). We are hiring for multiple levels and locations, so final offers may vary from the amounts listed based on geography, experience and expertise, and other factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.