The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta Total Comp is the newest product to be added to the Carta business-building tech stack. This tool is taking the industry by storm by providing Carta’s most innovative companies and VCs with a platform to streamline their compensation and help them compensate with confidence. The team is currently composed of Carta’s best and brightest across product, engineering, sales, marketing, and strategy and is working on ensuring every Carta customer can compensate competitively and fairly.
This role will play a critical role in ensuring every new Carta Total Comp customer is not only onboarded quickly and seamlessly, but also that every customer feels that they’ve been provided the highest quality compensation support in terms of leveling and setting their compensation plan. This role will help implement strategy, new processes, and help educate our customer base on value-additive changes to the platform.
*Please note, you must be a full-time employee in your current role for a minimum of 9 months in order to be eligible.
The Problems You’ll Solve
In this role, you will become a compensation expert and use that knowledge to implement our clients onto the Carta Total Comp software, setting them up for long-term success. You will directly interact with clients, establish strong customer relationships and inspire long-term loyalty by guiding them through the implementation process. You will also need to feel comfortable working with data, business systems, and developing training content for our customers. This role is a fit for people that are hungry to learn and who can think creatively to find software solutions to both compensation and user problems. Successful Implementations Managers embrace change and constantly seek ways to better their process and their team.
Our Delivery team members have grown to become some of the strongest contributors in our company due to their thorough understanding of our software, customers, and the business value we deliver. Ideal candidates will have a strong passion for financial services, building customer relationships, project delivery, and analytical problem solving.
- Provide impeccable customer service to fill product gaps as the total compensation product develops overtime, while also providing feedback to the product and go to market teams on how to improve the product and messaging
- Provide world class service to customers on all things compensation
- Support the implementation and execution of various strategic initiatives including but not limited to new processes, systems and tools
- Coordinate and manage inputs needed from clients
- Train clients on how to use Carta Total Comp software
- You will proactively manage your clients to dates, sending them live on time or early and improve your time to value month over month
- Contribute to product problem solving and help identify top problems for our total compensation customers
- Continuously look for ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the on-boarding process
- Help determine and support the ideal service model and processes for onboarding customers onto Carta Total Comp, leveling every employee, and ensuring each client is able to design their compensation plan that is aligned with their goals and values
- Work with internal teams to improve the customer experience and efficiency by investing in processes, tools, and training
- Provide recommendations to leadership, product and sales for how to to improve existing products and expand product features to ensure every Carta cap table customer also uses Carta Total Comp and ultimately win the compensation market
- Work with subject matter experts to enhance leveling automation and make Carta the dominant thought leader on this topic
- You have an incredible attitude and you focus on what could go right
- You are proficient in Excel and have experience with CRMs (Preferably: Salesforce)
- You are eager to learn or have experience working with: Mixmax, Talkdesk, and Guru
- You have strong project management skills-must be able to manage multiple projects (40+) at a time, while providing timely follow up to clients
- You are familiar or will become familiar with Private Equity, Capitalization, and Compensation
- You are flexible, adaptive, and resilient
- You have great people skills and a high degree of empathy
- You have great communication skills
- You are highly organized and can manage a group of C-Suite Clients
- You are proactive and take ownership in all you do
- You are organized and extremely responsive in following up with requests made of you from both internal stakeholders and customers.
- You are extremely effective with setting expectations and driving projects to completion
- You can independently identify problems, perform root cause analysis and execute on action plans
- You continually improve Processes, Playbooks & Tools and support team adoption
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive client material and prioritizes the secure, private transfer of such data
- No errors in client communication and data passed to client
- Incredible relationship management skills across a variety of stakeholders
- You will be the primary contact during client total compensation onboarding
- Participates in testing features and provides meaningful feedback to R&D
- Builds productive internal and external relationships
- Has strong awareness of industry and department best practices and shows proven execution of those best practices throughout work assessment
- Produces work of consistent high quality with little or no oversight
- Provides mentorship where applicable, acting as a force multiplier at Carta
- Leverages business acumen and product familiarity to provide feedback to the rest of the org
- Assists in training and developing talent for new individuals at Carta
- Participates in recruiting for team