The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will work with one of the most exciting startup businesses in the world: CartaX. Our mission is to remove restrictions on when and how employee's of pre-IPO companies have access to liquidity.The CartaX team is responsible for building a private stock market from the ground up that allows employees and early investors to trade their shares of pre-IPO companies. CartaX is the world’s first vertically integrated financial marketplace for private assets and we’ve just started. The CartaX team is composed of experts in building and operating marketplaces and brokerages, as well as a diverse set of team members with backgrounds in capital markets and SaaS platforms.
The security team is responsible for building security policies for a greenfield marketplace that operates in a heavily regulated environment. The security team ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of CartaX’s systems and data. This person will lead the design and implementation of security features from network, application, infrastructure and corporate perspectives.
The Problems You’ll Solve
In this role you will have an impact on the overall trajectory of the company. You will take a business focused approach to securing Carta’s next generation Fintech product line (CartaX). As the security leader overseeing all product security and associated engineering efforts of CartaX, you will report to the VP, Security and will be responsible for building, growing, and maturing application product security practice for CartaX.
Some of the problems you’ll help us solve are:
- Build and lead the product security team to deliver product security architecture, threat modeling, automated security testing, secure design review and secure software frameworks
- Own the product security roadmap and lead projects related to product security, threat modeling, product security automation, penetration testing/ bug bounty and the security development lifecycle.
- Drive adoption of security through training, awareness, and integration of security principles into the CICD pipelines
- Implement and direct programs for the identification, reporting, and remediation of information security concerns throughout CartaX
- Collaborate with product, engineering and SRE teams to ensure the products are designed, implemented and operated securely
- Support regulatory and compliance initiatives related to product and application security
You have demonstrated experience in building and executing product and application security programs covering Secure-SDLC, security automation, security engineering and secure architecture. Proven experience in working and collaborating with cloud-native engineering organizations. Our tech stack spans across AWS, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes and more. Experience in building leading a team of highly skilled application security and software security teams. Ability to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of projects simultaneously
Most importantly you're excited to work on a product that will fundamentally change the way private companies view liquidity, going public and how employees exercise their options.