The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Business Development Manager, Private Equity will represent Carta in-market and oversee the company’s efforts to grow its network, deepen existing relationships, and develop additional business opportunities in the Private Equity/Buyout space. The Business Development (Channel) team works cross-functionally to drive ecosystem partnerships to accelerate our growing business. Ideal candidates will be energized by building and managing impactful external relationships, cross-functional collaboration, digging into data, finding scalable and repeatable best practices, constructing strategic communications, and helping to change practice across a dynamic industry.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Shape our approach and strategy to expand within the private equity space as the first Business Development hire focused on Private Equity
- Create champions for Carta’s products within Private Equity law firm practices and consulting groups
- Identify and develop new long-term relationships to grow Carta’s network and business within Private Equity
- Leverage Salesforce to map partner contacts by firm and geography, and maintain Carta’s partner contact database
- Collaborate with business development peers to strategically manage national relationships across geographies and create unified account plans for key partners
- Work cross-functionally across the business with Sales, Marketing, Product, Implementations, and Support; convey feedback from the field to internal stakeholders
- Post-COVID: Operate in the field as a representative of Carta, meeting with current and prospective partners and attending industry events on Carta’s behalf (up to 25% travel)
The Impact You’ll Have
You will expand Carta’s distribution and market share by helping us deepen working relationships with key partners—and developing relationships with new ones. You will represent Carta as a valuable contributor to the Private Equity ecosystem, and help us drive market penetration in the space.
You enjoy building lasting, productive relationships. You are curious, and you’re driven to key in on relationships and strategies that benefit all sides. You dig in to find ways to work with others. You are data-informed. You are empathetic with respect to the needs of our ecosystem partners. You have a strong moral compass. You are motivated by making a material impact on our business. You are energized by sharing your learnings with others. You roll up your sleeves to partner with colleagues from across the company to explore what’s possible and drive results.
- Significant knowledge of the Private Equity/Buyout industry
- Relevant network of contacts within the community, specifically encompassing law firms, private equity firms, and consulting firms
- Strong communication, presentation, and networking skills, with experience leading meetings with key leaders and decision makers
- Deep understanding of SaaS business models
- 6-10 years of relevant Business Development / Partnerships or other industry experience
- Prior experience managing relationships with high-profile ecosystem partners including law firms, investment funds, consultants, or other technology companies
- Prior experience in Buyout deal cycles from both buy/sell side and legal process
- Understanding of equity management, liquidity, fund administration, or valuation services.