The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Director of Brand Marketing sits within our marketing team, reporting directly to the CMO. Our Brand team is a lean, mean, creative execution machine. Your team will own all web presence, visual design, and brand campaigns for Carta.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Carta is at an inflection point, and we need a Brand leader to come shape our brand strategy. Our Director of Brand Marketing will:
- Create an execution plan to establish Carta as the expert in equity, in partnership with our content and external comms team
- Evolve and execute on our brand framework narrative, positioning, and key pillars
- Build our sub-branding system from a philosophy to a reality
- Create and execute strategic brand positioning campaigns
- Work with our Chief People Officer on our employer brand strategy
- Build, develop, and hire a world class Brand Marketing team
Successful candidates will be creative thinkers and strategic executors. We think outside of the box, and need this person to lead the charge in that style for us. Our Director of Brand Marketing will have:
- A passion for category creation, and an excitement for our mission to create more owners
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Carta. You relish operating independently and with multiple teams relying on you
- Able to influence others and co-pilot cross-team initiatives with experience working with founders and/or at startups
- Ability to craft a clear narrative and paint a vision that evokes strong emotion
- Strategic thinker who can understand a complex business and develop an innovative and creative brand marketing plan that addresses these nuances
- Passion for team building and development
- High intellectual horsepower and EQ
- Understanding of the power of content for brand
- Comfortable with data and complex domains