At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team and Role
The Liquidity team is looking for creative problem solvers to work on a greenfield initiative to build a marketplace for private securities, CartaX.
As the Equity Capital Markets, Investor Coverage Director on the Liquidity team at Carta, you’ll be responsible for driving deal side demand and investor curation for CartaX transactions. CartaX is an issuer centric electronic trading platform offering tailored liquidity programs for privately held companies, funds, and other fractional assets.
Specifically, you will be focused on engaging and maintaining relationships with the investment community to increase the number and quality of active investors on the CartaX platform. You will work closely with the ECM origination and execution team and management teams of listed companies to support the investor curation and deal syndication process. You will also work on strategic projects that enhance the investor experience, including strategic planning and execution for investor relations and corporate access events that drive liquidity on CartaX.The ideal candidate has experience growing investor client bases, building relationships, and syndicating deals. The individual in this position will partner closely with our issuer sales, operations, marketing, listings, and ECM origination teams. The individual will work within a dynamic and cohesive team that spans across product, business, compliance, and technology.
Problems You'll Solve
- Lead the investor curation process for all CartaX transactions in coordination with the executive teams of listed companies
- Develop an investor engagement strategy that contributes to the growth of our investor base
- Design/Refine a robust service model that best meets the needs of our investor client base and enhances their experience on the platform
- Help business leaders make informed decisions by bringing data, facts and capital markets expertise to bear on the complicated problems we are trying to solve
- Work across various CartaX teams to develop recommendations for new product offerings, including new transaction structures, market insights, and investor relations
- Re-imagine how we can create more owners in the world, by making private securities liquid and enabling them to be traded with similar ease as public securities
- Affinity for current events, critical capital markets issues and developments, and relevant news
- 6+ years of financial services or investment banking experience, with a focus on syndication or private placement experience
- Track record of developing strategic relationships and winning new business
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations, especially to executives and investors
- Deep understanding of capital markets, market infrastructure, and trading
- Working knowledge of corporate governance matters
- Comfort with data and ambiguity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of deal structuring and closing principals
- Experience managing a CRM and investor database
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Strong cross-functional experience and skills
- Series 7 and 24 a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.