The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The SMB CSM role sits within our Corporations Business Unit within our CS Programs/Operations team. The CS Programs/Operations team is hyper-focused on building processes and using technology to scale proactive customer education and engagement. This team is dedicated to improving the customer experience, being the voice of the customer internally, helping customers get the most out of their Carta subscription, and retaining as many customers as possible.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Own the success and health of your assigned customers by developing strategies aimed to increase engagement and mitigate churn at scale
- Understand the challenges facing our SMB customer segment and come up with creative solutions to provide them with additional value
- Drive product education and adoption of Carta throughout the customer journey
- Drive retention and growth among our SMB customers by understanding their business needs and identifying additional ways Carta can support them
- Ensure all our SMB customers feel valued; gather insights about their adoption trends, engagement, overall health and sentiment
- Marshall resources internally as needed to resolve customer issues; proactively identify areas of risk and develop plans to address these needs
- Collaborate with R&D and Customer Support teams to resolve issues and share customer feedback in an ongoing effort to improve our product
- Leverage technology to proactively engage with customers at scale regarding Carta’s value
- Work with Marketing and Sales Operations to improve processes that scale
The Impact You’ll Have
By proactively engaging with SMB customers, you will be helping to improve our overall customer retention, secure our future pipeline for new product lines, and drive change for the broader company and mission.
We’re looking for customer-centric, organized professionals, who know how to work in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities. Cross-departmental collaboration and communication is critical to success in the role, and efficient time management is essential as well. In addition, we’re prioritizing:
- Prior experience working in a customer facing role working with startups
- Experience working with any customer success platforms such as Catalyst, Gainsight, Totango, Client Success, or Churn Zero
- Experience working with Outreach
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships preferably in a SaaS environment
- Diplomacy, tact and poise under pressure, and a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Growth mindset, proactive, and action-oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.