The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be part of the Marketing and Channel organization. We have teammates across the country who love spreading the word about Carta, democratizing equity ownership, and increasing access to financial education. Members of our team have created and sold TV shows in Hollywood, been on the floor of Congress during the financial crisis, written political speeches heard by thousands, and led the rebrand of Carta from eShares.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Carta exists within a very tight knit venture ecosystem. We seek to be the open center of that ecosystem, helping share information, data, and connections while lowering the barrier to entry for new entrants. We are looking for a Head of Community to help us deliver more value to our community.
- Help us become a core part of the Emerging Fund Manager ecosystem. This could include educational programming, group onboarding for fund formations customers, creation of an internal LP CRM to help introduce our emerging fund managers to new LPs, events, content, or anything else you think would help the community and create connection.
- Help us make a community out of our Carta Ventures LP investments. We feel we can help each individual firm, but can we create the structure for them to help each other?
- We’ve continued to expand our Table Stakes report and event, we’ve now had thousands of folks within the venture ecosystem express interest in the content and topic. Is there an opportunity for us to create community within the attendees? How could we do this in a way that is unique in the ecosystem and on brand for Carta?
You love the venture ecosystem and deeply understand our investor audience. In addition, you have:
- Experience building communities, ideally within the venture ecosystem
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Carta.
- An ability to create process that helps us scale, while keeping the flexibility needed to innovate
- A strategic mind that can understand a complex business and develop an innovative and creative brand marketing plan that addresses these nuances
- High intellectual horsepower and EQ