The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta is looking for a Business Development Associate to join our Singapore team.
Carta expanded to Singapore in 2021, and we are building a world-class team to support the startup ecosystem across Asia Pacific. The Singapore team is lean and agile, comprising of local venture industry experts and Carta veterans.
As the first Business Development Associate hire, you will be part of a highly dynamic and diverse group of people who are responsible for every aspect of Carta’s growth across Asia. You will work closely with each member of our Singapore team, with a focus on Go-to-Market and Delivery functions. You will become an expert in private markets and venture capital operations. You will work closely with our Go-to-Market and Delivery Leads and learn key skills in sales development, deal making/negotiations, and client management.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Business Demand Generation
- Match prospect pain points to specific value propositions across varying buyer personas, roles, and functions
- Drive top of funnel interest by creating and managing outreach campaigns to startup founders and employees
- Work with Go-to-Market Leads in identifying, establishing, and cultivating relationships with key ecosystem partners
Customer and Partner Delivery and Support
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the software platform and all of Carta’s business units to support our clients across early-stage startups, growth-stage companies, and venture capital and private equity funds
- Help triage and resolve new and existing user and prospect inquiries
- Manage early stage customer implementations from signup to go-live
Data and Process Integrity & Maintenance
- Build and manage sizable prospect and customer datasets in order to glean unique insights and drive desirable business outcomes
- Ensure data integrity across critical business systems (e.g. Salesforce, Outreach, Marketo, and Carta)
- Manage and schedule new business engagements cross functionally
The Impact You’ll Have
As a Business Development Associate, you will be part of a small team managing all commercial aspects of Carta’s growth in Asia. You will drive demand, develop and iterate on critical internal operations, onboard customers, and provide ongoing customer relationship management and support.
- Passionate about creating more equality in the world
- Low-ego personality capable of thriving in a high velocity environment
- Comfortable getting things wrong and learning from your mistakes
- Ability to professionally communicate to founders, CEOs, and other high level executives
- Ability to absorb and articulate technical software and financial concepts related to enterprise software and venture capital
Nice to have:
- Experience managing data in a CRM system (Preferably: Salesforce)
- Knowledge of finance and accounting
- Experience working at a high-growth software company, venture capital firm, investment bank, or management consulting firm
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.