The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta is seeking a flexible HR professional who will act as a consultant, developing and executing HR strategies, being an advocate for our employees, and helping in building programs that drive organizational and people effectiveness.
The HRBP role at Carta builds strong partnerships with the business, consistently seeks opportunities to problem solve, and provides support to the leaders and functions you support. Your primary focus will be providing great internal customer support and working with business leaders and employees to establish, drive, and constantly evolve a people strategy that is connected with the rest of Carta, while uniquely ‘fit for purpose’ locally.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Partner with the business to roll out key People initiatives
- Have a generalist perspective in order to support Brazil based employees
- Provide guidance and input on, promotions, lateral transfers, re-leveling, etc
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, helping in reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Act as an employee champion and change agent, proactively communicating needs with our HR department and business management
- Successfully influence others by providing direction, knowledge, and support to create a high-performing organization
- Support our business clients to be world class
- Roll up your sleeves and dive into the high volume of daily operational HR needs
- Experience working in a fast-paced company
- 3+ years of HRBP experience with a generalist background in Brazil
- Outstanding people skills – high degree of empathy and a great communicator (both written and verbally)
- Great organizational skills, high attention to detail, and an ability to complete competing priorities quickly
- Must maintain confidentiality and use outstanding judgement on a daily basis
- A passion for understanding the business goals, finding solutions, and improving processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.