The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
This is a high impact role on the Finance team supporting key strategic initiatives, generating insights into business performance, and providing Carta’s leadership team with effective decision-making support. In this role, you’ll be part of a highly dynamic team supporting the growth of Carta and the creation of the future of private capital markets.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Build partnership with GTM Leadership by delivering financial results, identifying issues and emerging trends, and providing a breadth of insight and financial decision support
- Develop frameworks for translating GTM strategy into measurable financial reporting with the goal of improving target setting for revenue and operating investments
- Partner with leadership to develop ARR forecasting models leveraging inputs across the organization
- Operationalize strategic objectives through target setting and incentive alignment
- Deliver quarterly analysis and reporting of the business' financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted
- Prepare analyses to help leadership understand how investments translate into growth and provide strategic decision support
- Promote vision/strategy around process and systems to help support scale in a high growth environment
- An expert in financial modeling and quantitative analysis, who enjoys solving complex and unstructured problems
- Possess a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners
- You are personable, approachable and able to collaborate constructively with each and every person on the team and throughout the business
- Capable of operating independently - managing relationships, deliverables and expectations with your business partners
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business
- 7+ years of FP&A, Accounting or Finance experience in the technology industry; familiarity with the software industry (and SaaS) a plus
- Experience supporting Sales in a Finance or Operations role
- Demonstrated track record of managerial experience
- Strong financial modeling skills and quantitative analysis abilities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, quickly changing and sometimes unstructured environment
- Attention to detail and the highest standards for accuracy and precision.
- Ability to identify the important business issues and how to address those issues through analysis and recommendations
- Experience with systems such as Planful, Netsuite, Coupa, Workday, Salesforce, G-Suite, Office, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.