The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
This is a high impact role on the Finance team supporting key strategic initiatives, generating insights into business performance, and providing Carta’s leadership team with effective decision-making support. In this role, you’ll be part of a highly dynamic team supporting the growth of Carta and the creation of the future of private capital markets.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Supporting all parts of the finance organization by providing clean, consistent data and financial analysis
- Deliver analysis and reporting of the business' financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted to partners
- Conduct financial modeling and innovative analytics to develop deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Support strategic projects and share recommendations that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives and enable data-driven decision making
- Help business partners make strategic decisions by providing key performance indicators and data analysis
- Bring thought partnership and excellent problem-solving skills to top issues facing the business
- Support business performance reporting and scale best practices across the organization
- 1-2+ years in FP&A, investment banking, business operations, or other relevant experience
- Experience in a start-up environment (preferably Technology and/or FinTech)
- Familiarity with Looker and/or SQL
- Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to accelerate Carta’s growth
- Comfort with data and ambiguity, and an ability to both delve into details and engage meaningfully on overall strategy
- Ability to seek information, solve conceptual problems, corral resources and deliver results in challenging situations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations, especially to executives
- Superior financial modeling and presentation skills
- Experience with systems such as Planful, Netsuite, Coupa, Workday, Salesforce, G-Suite, Office, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.