The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be part of the Marketing and Channel organization to build out our Product Marketing team. We have teammates across the country who love spreading the word about Carta, democratizing equity ownership, and increasing access to financial education. Members of our team have created and sold TV shows in Hollywood, been on the floor of Congress during the financial crisis, and led the rebrand of Carta from eShares.
The Problems You’ll Solve
The Product Marketing team at Carta helps us bring new products to market and is the glue between Product, Sales, Engineering, and Marketing. A few of the problems you will solve in your first few months are:
- Work across Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to drive adoption of our SPV product, understanding segmentation, need, and value propositions.
- Help define what our Emerging Manager offering should be in order to become the de facto choice for new fund managers.
- Help us create a consistent mechanism for two-way communication with our Sales team.
- Work with the product marketing team at large to develop a consistent release note framework that will help share more of our regular product releases with our core audiences.
You are deeply passionate about Carta’s mission and want to scale our impact on the ecosystem. You have a background in technology, startups, and/or venture capital and:
- A passion for new product development and relentlessly finding and solving problems faced by founders, investors, and startup employees
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Carta.
- Strong execution ability: you can own the lifecycle of a project from start to finish, and are constantly looking for ways for us to improve
- A strategic mind that can understand a complex business and develop an innovative and creative solutions through all types of products
- High intellectual horsepower and EQ
- Comfortable with data and complex domains
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.