The Company You’ll Join
At Carta, we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Editorial & Content Team is a scrappy team of content strategists and journalists. We’re passionate about democratizing equity ownership, increasing access to financial education, bringing valuable insights and data to the venture ecosystem, and spreading the word about Carta.
The team sits within the Marketing team, which encompasses Marketing, Channel, and Policy & Government Affairs. Your teammates have created and sold TV shows in Hollywood, won on Jeopardy!, written political speeches heard by thousands, and led the rebrand of Carta from eShares.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Carta is lucky to work with thousands of brilliant founders and investors. Your work will fuel our Content Team’s editorial calendar and our Brand Team’s strategic bets. As a staff writer, your work will help us solve:
- Education: You’ll collaborate with subject matter experts in the company and outside it to create wildly helpful educational content for company founders, their employees, fund managers, and others within the venture ecosystem.
- Perspective: You’ll research and write pieces that bring insight to trends and topics that matter to Carta’s audiences.
- Impact and awareness: You’ll partner with the greater marketing team to tell compelling, relevant stories about who we are, what we stand for, and how we work.
- Ideas and strategy: You’ll stay on top of trends and company initiatives to contribute creative and strategic content ideas for stories and series.
- Content performance: You’ll monitor your works’ performance to goals, exploring ways to change strategy when needed based on your results.
- Efficiency: You’ll manage and communicate your time in order to work on many pieces at once to deadline.
You are a deeply curious professional writer who loves thinking critically, working collaboratively, and driving results. You’re passionate about communicating complex ideas and insights through rigorous research and writing that lands meaningfully with your audience. You’re a crackerjack wordsmith who brings a journalistic approach and a strategic mind to every piece of content you create. You thrive on deadlines—not only meeting them, but communicating them across teams.
Ideally, you’re also passionate about the venture ecosystem, have a strong grasp of equity fundamentals, and feel a genuine empathy for founders. But if you have eagerness to plunge in, heart for our vision, and serious skill as a writer and researcher spanning journalism and content marketing: Let’s talk.