The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Design System team, ink, is looking to hire a Visual Designer who is a detail obsessed creative who can think strategically about their work and produce creative experiences that express our core values with consistency and imagination. As a Visual Designer, you will help define and document a flexible design language, as part of the design system, to achieve consistency for the Carta products at scale. Our designers are challenged to match visual design innovation with business innovation while honoring our core principle of taking ownership.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Update, maintain, and evolve visual design guidelines for the Carta product design system, ink.
- Communicate the data and functionality for Carta products in design, typography, color, and icons.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to help define the visual design strategy for the product.
- Help shape and define the creative vision for the design system.
- Continually ideate and collaborate with other designers.
The Impact You'll Have
There are a number of partner teams at Carta who you will be working with to continue pushing our design efforts into the future. This role has the opportunity to partner in making delightful, understandable, and potentially life-changing experiences for founders of startups, investors, and shareholders.
- 2-5 years experience as a Visual Designer.
- Advanced skills in presenting your work that demonstrates expert understanding of the formal elements of design, which include typography, layout, proportion, and balance.
- Skilled in explaining your work, process, and design decisions, while also being adamant about asking for feedback.
- Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the very last pixel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.