The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Director of Financial Advisory will have the opportunity to build Carta’s financial advisory business from the ground-up, including building and scaling a team. The financial advisory team at Carta will serve the needs of the 1.5M stakeholders on the Carta platform that have wealth needs related to their illiquid investments. This team will be responsible for helping our stakeholders maximize the impact of their equity and develop a multi-year strategy for their financial wellness.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Lead Carta’s foray into financial advisory services and products that leverage the power and depth of Carta’s network in the private markets ecosystem
- Lead the day to day operations of financial advisory for Carta customers
- Help craft the vision for Carta Financial Advisory in partnership with the product and engineering functions
- Translate this vision into a tangible roadmap and lead end-to-end delivery of advisory services
- Have a learning mindset; Carta sits at the intersection of software, private markets, public markets and other capital markets players - we learn new things every day
- 10+ years of experience in financial advisory services; experience managing a team preferred
- Deep understanding of financial products and financial advisory as it relates to equity; a CFP is required; knowledge of equity focused lending programs preferred
- Experience serving employees with private securities
- Superior customer service skills
- Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to accelerate Carta’s growth
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations, especially to executives
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.