The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
In this role, you will be the problem-solving bridge between our customers, product, and our team of financial reporting analysts. You will also be responsible for building and developing the Financial Reporting Delivery team which will scale with Carta’s exceptional growth. As such, you must be a strategic thinker in the stock based compensation domain and possess very strong planning, execution, customer service, and people management skills.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop an industry-leading stock based compensation accounting business team, consisting of advisors and support analysts. You must also develop strong cross-functional relationships with the Product, Customer Success, and the Sales teams, as they will leverage your domain expertise and strategic vision to ensure we are building the best product in our industry and guiding our customers to leverage it most effectively.
The Problems You’ll Solve
When our clients have special equity expense accounting reporting needs that require additional manual work, you will advise them on the appropriate methodology and review key reports that your financial reporting advisors create for our clients. Our stock based compensation accounting reports are under close scrutiny from many audit firms, and the current accounting standards leave room for interpretation. You will also be a resource for our clients to work directly with auditors, giving them confidence we will defend the methodology we recommend to produce their expense accounting reports. In this role, you will:
- Make Carta financial reports audit-proof
- Gain large enterprise customer trust and confidence in Carta financial reports
- Guide the R&D team to build an industry-leading financial reporting product
- Build a team culture of continuous improvement and putting the customer’s needs first
- Create leverage that will enable the team to scale to a factor of 30%+
- Specific experience with ASC 718, ASC 505-50, ASC 260, IFRS reporting, DTA and tax reporting, modification accounting, and public company reporting requirements
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, with 5+ years specifically in financial reporting
- Experience preparing and delivering audit defensible reports
- Experience working as an auditor, or directly with auditors on financial statements
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and standards, with a demonstrated ability to strategically apply them across multiple business scenarios
- Experience developing and leading a service delivery team, preferably in a relevant industry and role
- Exceptional communication skills and relevant experience dealing directly with C-suite executives, auditors, and accounting firms.
- CPA preferred
- Experience with financial reporting for other types of entities (i.e. LLCs, liquidity events, M&A)
- Experience with foreign reporting requirements (Canadian GAAP, Australian GAAP, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.