The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
This is a pivotal role that requires the highest level of responsibility. Associates and senior associates on the Valuation team are primarily responsible for determining audit-defensible work product for Carta customers. In this role, you’ll be part of a highly dynamic team that’s creating the future of private capital markets.
This role will provide a front row seat into the world of private company finance and the valuation of venture backed companies. As a Valuation Associate/Senior Associate you will grow your knowledge of venture capital, valuation approaches, and types of equity as well as gain exposure to executives and investors.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Analyze privately-held companies and securities
- Adapt your analysis to specified formats, templates, styles and deadlines when creating reports
- Interface with customer management teams to understand value drivers across various industries
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Collaborate with team members to share information and insights
- Perform research on companies, industries, and markets
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Carta’s software platform and products
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for the product and engineering teams
- Assist with product development by testing new features and bug fixes as well as surfacing customer feedback
The Impact You’ll Have
The Carta Valuation Team is the nation’s leading provider of private company valuations with plans to expand and grow into new areas. As a Valuation Associate/Senior Associate you will be instrumental to facilitate the explosive growth of our practice. The ideal candidate will be comfortable communicating with executives, attorneys, and investors.
- Comfortable learning quickly and taking on new challenges
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to address finance-related questions in a clear and concise manner
- Expert-level understanding of financial statements and common financial concepts (WACC, DCF, Black-Scholes OPM)
- A strong preference for creating new processes over following established processes
- Experienced multi-tasker with ability to balance dozens of projects at any given time
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Possess a helpful and professional attitude with excellent verbal and written skills
- Exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues as well as a strong sense of curiosity to solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in business valuation
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.