The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
We're looking for a talented Account Executive to join our Emerging Manager Investor Services Sales team. The Emerging Manager segment partners with first time fund managers with less than $30M in assets under management. These emerging managers are eager to launch their funds and partner with us. With our highly skilled fund administrators, proprietary technology platform, and specific Pre-close services we are uniquely qualified to service this customer segment. Our customers in this segment are primarily venture capital firms. Carta's platform allows these clients to track and manage their portfolios while liaising with their investors.
As an Investor Services Account Executive focusing on the Emerging Manager segment you will work very closely with the Pre-closes Services team to ensure we support our customers through their fundraising process. That process involves advising them on best practices and referring them to additional vendors which may include fund formation lawyers and tax professionals.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Communicate the business impact of our product offerings to emerging fund managers
- Demonstrating ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building to identify and sell new opportunities
- Understand customer needs and requirements and act as a trusted business advisor
- Own the entire sales lifecycle, from lead generation to close
- Develop a comprehensive sales strategy and sales plan that ensures consistent achievement of goals over the short and long-term
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- Relevant sales experience, preferably in a SaaS organization
- Experience managing a large pipeline
- Proven ability to execute, especially negotiation and closing contracts
- Articulate, poised, and concise
- Flexible and resilient
- Competitive and driven to achieve goals
- Experience in venture capital, private equity, institutional investing, or wealth management preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.