The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be a key member on the Investor Services Product Design team, helping to re-invent the venture capital ecosystem. We are a team of designers and technologists that obsess over our customers' experience, and leverage design thinking to help set the direction of our products and the company. You will be working with a diverse team of designers, product managers, and engineers and interfacing directly with our internal, and external customers to drive innovation in the world of private market investing. We are a humble, collaborative team that is passionate about solving difficult problems by helping users navigate through complexity.
The Problems You’ll Solve
At Carta our mission is to create more owners. The Investor Services team is directly contributing to that goal by creating new investors, to grow the companies of the future. We are working on the technology and service offerings to expand the venture ecosystem to new fund managers and help these emerging managers build the enduring venture franchises of the future.
We love to solve complex problems and build software to scale the service-based businesses into software business. Our mission is to reshape the offline world of venture fund accounting into a software-enabled and self-service North Star experience.
- Partner with Design, Product, and Engineering, to prototype and implement new product features
- Build new products and features that convert complex, multi-user, transactional offline processes into delightful self-service products
- Collaborate with the Ink team (Carta’s design system) to build best-in-class UI components for web and mobile
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and testing for your features
- Participate in weekly design workshops and act as a mentor for junior design technologists
- Build products that consistently scale and leverage shareable components for web and mobile applications
We are looking for a strong design technologist to envision the future of private market investing. Someone who can design, and implementation of new components and product features. If you are passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex problems that drive direct value to users, we would love to talk with you. In addition, we’re prioritizing:
- Deep understanding of how to prototype at the appropriate degrees of fidelity to solicit clear customer feedback
- Expertise with accessibility, responsiveness, and web components
- Emphasis on exploring, experimenting, and innovating on current patterns and designs
- Experience designing for measurable outcomes including the ability to participate in both generative and evaluative user research
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- 4+ years of relevant web front-end development or creative technology experience - ideally at a tech-forward, software company
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS, Sass, and React
- Familiarity with animation libraries and data visualization (D3js, Three.js, Highcharts)
- Strong sense of usability and design in consumer applications
- Strong communication skills to coordinate cross-team efforts and enjoy solving problems that are crucial to the business, impacting the whole organization
- Bridge the gap between Web Presence, Product Design and Engineering, by coding front-end components and interactions, pushing code to production and reviewing PR’s
- Self motivated and seeks to solve problems independently
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.