The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Data team at Carta is working on becoming a large part of the decision making for the company. We believe that our unique data sets set us apart and help us succeed as a data-driven company. Members of the Data team are working on understanding and making sense of data while partnering with product and business teams to drive direction with data. The team is currently composed of professionals in the Data Science/Machine Learning space, advanced Data Analytics space, and Data engineering. We work together and partner with Cartans across the company to get our work done, and we constantly think about how we can improve. We also like to develop new product ideas based on data.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As a member of this team you will support CartaX, our private equity trading platform, in building and scaling pipelines to make data accurate, accessible, and secure. You will build systems that allow CartaX team members to answer important questions in a self-service manner, and allow analysts and data scientists to quickly analyze and prototype new ideas. You will have primary responsibility for ensuring the CartaX team has the data they need when they need it. Examples of responsibilities will include:
- Build resilient data pipelines based on internal and external data sources
- Implement data security practices to support CartaX and meet the requirements of Compliance & Legal and InfoSec
- Manage Airflow, DBT, and Looker instances, and other tooling dedicated to CartaX
- Own all data ingestion pipelines from OLTP, Kafka, and NoSQL data sources
- Partner with the rest of the team to onboard/offboard users, and continue building out security infrastructure to make sure our data is safe
- Partner with the rest of the team on prototyping and building scalable products driven by the data team
- Constantly identify opportunities for providing self-service tooling to our internal partners
The Impact You’ll Have
CartaX Equity Trading platform is an industry changing product that was launched in January of 2021. You will have an opportunity to define and build the pipelines and infrastructure to support a high-visibility product. In addition you will work across multiple teams to provide important data sets that drive product development and business decisions.
We are looking for candidates who have a minimum of 7 years of working experience. Successful candidates in this role will always look for a balance between fast delivery and building for scale. You don’t follow the status quo but look for ways to improve how we do things. You are able to talk to technical and business users and explain your work, and are able to be a good partner to your team and to your customers. Building relationships is a priority. Even though our toolstack (Airflow, DBT, Redshift, Looker) is a good start you will always be in the know on the latest and greatest technology we could utilize. You concentrate on automation and self service. You are also excited to build new products, starting with ideas and all the way to execution. Your previous experience includes:
- Experience building data pipelines and API integrations using Python, Java or Scala
- Experience with the concepts around Data Lake, Data Warehouse and associated technologies (S3, Redshift, etc)
- Experience with distributed data systems such as Airflow, Spark and related technologies
- Strong SQL skills
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, etc)
- Ownership of data pipelines from internal and external sources ending in the data warehouse
- Management of user roles and access to the data, including PII
- Implementing solutions such as Amplitude to allow for faster and more accurate reporting
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.