Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Senior Associate
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Anti-Money Laundering team works across all of Carta to design and implement a meaningful enterprise-wide AML Compliance program. We are a roll-up-your sleeves proactive group, identifying problems before they happen and covering the potential blindspots of our rapidly growing organization. We partner with our colleagues to develop and enhance compliance initiatives to make sure Carta is safe, secure and meets our obligations under applicable laws, rules and regulations.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Carta’s business has grown rapidly since we entered the market in 2012. In order to support our increasingly complex business model, we need to build a scalable control environment. In this role you will:
- Assist in designing and developing Carta’s enterprise-wide AML program;
- Build relationships and partnerships in the business;
- Conduct OFAC, negative news and other customer due diligence reviews of participants in the Carta ecosystem;
- Conduct investigations of participant activity, as needed; and
- Assist with audit and regulator reviews and exams.
The Impact You’ll Have
Creating the AML control structure and program within Carta will help contribute to the overall success and growth trajectory of the business.
You are a curious, thoughtful and flexible individual who is able to:
- Build relationships and consensus with key stakeholders;
- Write persuasive presentations and comprehensive documents;
- Solve problems independently and diplomatically;
- Focus on detail;
- Understand the AML risks within the context of the business and objectives of Carta; and
- Contribute to and execute against the AML plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.