The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Engineering Strategy team at Carta works on defining the technology related initiatives that’ll help us achieve Carta’s business objectives. Some of those initiatives are related to adoption of SOA, messaging platform, tech debt resolution, frontend platform, and much more. We partner with other members of the team, as well as other stakeholders across the company to help Carta make the right technology decisions.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Research and achieve alignment on the most impactful strategy for tech debt resolution
- Partner with engineers on product teams to understand current systems and identify opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with SRE, InfoSec and Backend Infrastructure teams on engineering-wide efforts and roadmaps
- Establish and promote standards and best practices on everything from design patterns, testing to language specifics by collaborating and iterating on solutions with stakeholders
- Build and maintain documentation and other educational resources on your recommendations for other teams
- Set new projects up for success by helping them get started on our latest frameworks, libraries and tools
You look for a balance between fast delivery and building for scale. You don’t follow the status quo but look for ways to improve how we do things.
You are able to talk to technical and business users and explain your work, and are able to be a good partner to your team and to your customers. You understand that technology is only a piece of the puzzle so you enjoy collaborating with others to help solve their problems. Those problems are usually lofty, complicated and ambiguous which is why your communications skills are honed and effective. You are extremely mission driven and are as excited about 0 to 1 projects as you are 1 to n.
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.