The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Fund Administration team at Carta is rapidly growing, and we have a proven product/market fit in the venture capital space. Our three main pillars of competency in Fund Administration at Carta are technical excellence, client management and innovation. We put our customers first, are willing to learn and grow, are problem solvers, work with urgency, ensure data security is a priority, project management effectively, maintain a professional community and work as one team.
Learn more about our team here - https://carta.com/blog/investor/exceptional-fund-services-meets-technology/
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Help provide leverage to our clients by understanding and prioritizing their needs while effectively scaling our CFO services. Some of the strategic support that we provide includes:
- Capital calls and distributions
- Audit/tax support
- Pre/post close services
- Quarterly and annual financials
- Limited Partner communications
- Bring transparency to founders, VCs, established General Partners and LPs and help our clients make more accurate decisions by helping them utilize our tools and resources such as:
- Real-time IRR
- Real-time portfolio data
- Provide additional data points (TVPI, RVPI)
- Improve our product and software through working with our product and engineering teams to continue to develop our Investor Services product suite
- Turn a service industry into a software business through consulting with clients and implementing our Fund Administration software
- Interact with clients on a daily basis and manage an effective client relationship
- Interact with external auditors and tax providers
- Review all client deliverables, including financial packages, capital calls, distributions and ad-hoc client requests
- Assist Directors to execute new and current processes within the team
- Ensure the accounting team is SOC compliant in all processes and procedures
The Impact You’ll Have
Our goal is to position Carta as the leading Fund Administration group. As a Fund Controller at Carta, you will be part of a highly dynamic team to support our goal and the future of the Fund Administration business. In this role, you will partner with top venture capital firms to streamline their financial accounting needs. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our product, engineering, go-to-market and operation teams, all while growing your foundational knowledge of accounting in an engaging, fast-paced environment. You will also help mentor our junior team members.
- 8+ years of experience in the Venture Capital or Private Equity industry
- You have experience maintaining, managing and nurturing multiple client relationships
- You’re interested in providing best-in-class-service
- You have experience interpreting and understanding Limited Partnership Agreements
- You have experience reviewing financial statements and footnotes, ensuring consistency with appropriate reporting framework
- You have experience in understanding, interpreting and working on Waterfall calculations, management fees, and carried interest allocations
- You have experience in working on complex entity structures and report consolidations
- You have strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- You take pride in your ability to communicate effectively and are able to multitask to meet multiple deadlines
- You have experience managing and monitoring the timely delivery of quality client deliverables
- You have a deep understanding of Venture Capital, Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Fund Administration
- You have advanced Microsoft Office skills with Xero, Investran, and Quickbooks experience
- You have experience implementing accounting data into a general ledger system
- You’re interested in working on projects in a fast paced environment with a supportive team and as an individual
- You have experience leveraging technologies to automate processes and gain efficiencies
- You have experience providing training and guidance to new and existing team members
- CPA or CMA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.