The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be working with the Shareholder Experience Team. We work with the largest user base in Carta, ~500K employees, and spend our time solving challenging problems to help our Shareholders accept securities, exercise their options, and understand equity. We are a close knit group that loves Design Sprints and participating in collaborative design sessions!
We are creating a new team that will help improve shareholder experiences, reduce support tickets and provide more value to the end users, and with your Product and Engineering counterparts, you will be pivotal in helping drive these initiatives.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Shareholders' first touchpoint with the Carta platform is with accepting their securities. Within the Platform, Product team, we are looking for a strong designer that can identify solutions to help make our shareholder’s first touchpoint a great experience. You will be working to improve the security acceptance user experience, use data driven design to reduce Shareholder support tickets, and create onboarding experiences for new product offerings.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data to uncover customer insights and influence strategy to help define and execute the roadmap
- Ideate and design flows, prototypes, sketches for your features
- Use data-driven design to reduce support tickets and friction for users
- Work with Customer Support teams to collect feedback, ideate solutions and follow up on released features
- Participate in design workshops/feedback sessions and act as a mentor for junior designers
- Design to consistently scale and leverage shareable components for web and mobile
We are looking for a strong designer who can drive strategy, ideation, prioritization, problem solving, and product delivery. If you are passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex problems that drive direct value to users, we would love to talk with you.
- Several (5+) years experience designing at a product driven, rapid growth company
- Deep understanding of the iterative design process including research, journey mapping, prototyping and hi-fidelity solutions
- Enjoys solving complex problems while balancing strategy, research, information architecture
- Experience working with data to inform design decisions and produce measurable results
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams, understanding how to design iteratively with a long term vision in mind
- Experience working and contributing to an established design system
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.