The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Senior Manager/Director of Product Design will manage a diverse team of designers and work with product managers in charge of helping companies manage and make sense of equity and ownership. We nurture a team environment that promotes taking risks and being bold.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Corporations is Carta’s largest business unit that builds and maintains core cap table and equity management products for over seventeen thousand VC backed customers. Ultimately, our goal is to make it easier for companies to create more owners.
You will be setting the design vision for how we build simple, engaging and valuable products in Corporations. You are passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex problems that drive direct value to users. You will partner with both R&D as well as the GTM teams to influence strategy and help define and execute the roadmap. Additionally you will:
- Collaborate closely with Product Leadership to define features and contribute to the overall direction of Corporation product areas
- Lead generative design workshops and act as a mentor for other designers
- Design to consistently scale and leverage shareable components for web and application
- Inspire people and create forward momentum with your direct reports, and help people managers become even better leaders
- Solve very large and very ambiguous problems independently
- Deliver measurable results. Guide the team to set plans, measurement frameworks, and execute against those plans.
- Build a world class design culture at Carta as a core contributor to the Design Leadership Team.
We need a seasoned design leader to bring vision, strategy and direction to our Corporations design team. If you are a passionate design leader who wants to help shape and define what world class user experience and design looks like for millions of users, then we want to talk to you. This position could be a good fit for you if the following resonates with you. You can or want to:
- Build a world-class design practice and define what that means for Carta
- Lead and develop a team of designers by aligning design and product goals
- Manage projects and resources and ensure deadlines are met
- Guide the team to develop design best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality and a user experience that will delight our customers
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management and engineering to ensure an end to end product development process.
- Recruit new designers and drive the evaluation and hiring process
- Have a bias to action and contribute as a designer to drive projects to completion.
- Execute in a fast-paced, ambiguous and highly fluid environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.