The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Employee Experience team is responsible for making Carta a best-in-career place to work, learn, and grow. Including the People Programs, Learning and Development, Operations, Systems, and Analytics teams, we work collaboratively within and beyond the People Team to design, inform, measure and scale initiatives that support 800+ Cartans globally. Our team is all about building foundations and relationships, diagnosing problems and testing solutions, and delivering value expeditiously. We look to make everything better than when we found it, and we aim to be a driving force behind creating a stellar employee experience at Carta.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As a People Systems Manager, you will lead the governance, implementation, and continual optimization of Carta’s primary People systems:
- In your first year, you will lead our transition from ADP to Workday, consolidating many of our people systems and processes into one reliable source of truth. With input from functional partners and support from experienced implementation partners, you’ll decide what we can streamline into Workday, and what warrants a standalone system/process.
- You will ensure a Workday configuration that is tailor-made for Carta’s unique cultural and operational needs, and you will lead and rally a team of functional experts -- from IT to Total Rewards to HRBPs to Finance -- to ensure a successful holistic implementation.
- After implementing Workday, you will support change management within and beyond People functions, and will ensure continual adoption and improvements of our systems and processes.
- You will partner with internal and external partners to build workflows and process improvements that result in more reliable, effective people data. You will set the standard of rigor for how Carta’s teams interact with and use our systems.
- You will manage the ongoing roadmap and strategy behind our People tech stack. You’ll keep a pulse on new features, products, and opportunities that help us further our commitment to a best-in-career People experience.
A few questions we’re eager for you to help us answer:
- How do our People systems reflect our commitment to a people-first culture?
- What of our current systems/practices are serving us and should we continue doing? What can we streamline? What should we do away with for good?
- How does our People tech stack support reliable, accessible People data? How do we ensure all people-focused teams are operating off of the same playbook?
- How do we best support our organization in adopting the Workday system? How do we balance white-glove support while making everyday data and workflows accessible to our people?
The Impact You’ll Have
A strategic, well-governed tech stack will enable meaningful collaboration across our People-focused teams. You, and the systems you manage, will be the connective tissue between everything we do for our people. You will lay the technical and systemic foundation upon which all People initiatives are built.
- You have significant experience transitioning HCM systems to Workday, including Advanced Compensation, Time Tracking, Absence, Talent and Performance, Security, Payroll, and Benefits. You are comfortable configuring Workday for multiple global locations.
- You are a tried and true project manager and executor. You obsess over the details and move quickly to understand and resolve challenges.You prioritize daily progress and goal-tracking as you move through long-term projects, and invest deeply in frequent communication. You set the bar high for yourself and others, but you know when good enough is enough.
- You successfully collaborate with cross-functional partners, driving high-quality execution while ensuring internal partners are learning, growing, and having a little fun along the way.
- You thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment. You enjoy the challenge of delivering quick value while laying the groundwork for long-term scale.
- You like to get your hands dirty. No project or level of detail is beneath you. You leave everything better than you found it, and you consistently solve for the problems now that will help the team months and years down the road.
Other Nice to Haves:
- Workday Certifications - HCM, Compensation, Time Tracking, Absence, Payroll, Performance Management.
- Experience working for US public company and management of SOX/internal audit requirements.