The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be working with a diverse team of designers and product managers in charge of helping companies manage and make sense of equity and ownership. We are a humble, collaborative team that is passionate about solving difficult problems by helping users navigate through complexity.
The role requires being based in San Francisco to work with our San Francisco office and team.
The Problems You’ll Solve
The onboarding process of companies getting started in their own equity plans managed by Carta is a complex process. We need someone who can help us evolve our onboarding processes to something that is simple, approachable and that builds brand affinity with Carta. Ultimately, our goal is to make it easier for companies to create more owners, which is done by successful implementation and expansion of their equity plans.
You will be setting a vision for how we simplify user onboarding, it could be self-service, third party or via a sales team. You will be partnering with both R&D as well as the sales team to create the most engaging service. Additionally you will:
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data to uncover customer insights and influence strategy to help define and execute the roadmap
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and testing for your features
- Participate in weekly design workshops and act as a mentor for junior designers
- Design to consistently scale and leverage shareable components for web and application
We are looking for a strong designer to envision how corporations manage equity and ownership records. Someone who can drive strategy, ideation, prioritization, problem solving, and product delivery. If you are passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex problems that drive direct value to users, we would love to talk with you. In addition, we’re prioritizing:
- Several (3-5) years experience leading design on Product Design team for desktop or mobile
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
- Deep understanding of how to prototype at the appropriate degrees of fidelity to solicit clear customer feedback
- Experience designing for measurable outcomes including the ability to participate in both generative and evaluative user research
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.