The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
Ready to build the go-to-market Salesforce org for a hyper-growth B2B SaaS company? As a Salesforce Architect at Carta, you will be part of a team doing just that. The Revenue Operations team is building the blueprint to help Carta scale. Our goal: support our go-to-market partners and help Carta realize revenue faster and more predictably. As a key player on the admin team, you will work directly with many of Carta’s go-to-market teams to ensure that we build systems to scale. Do you love partnering? Are you adept at creating world-class processes & systems, highly analytical, and can you design solutions in Salesforce that scale well and execute on them? If so, continue reading.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Join a team of humble, agile RevOps professionals
- Join a team of RevOps professionals as a technical subject matter expert. We are a dynamic and hard-working team. This is a chance to use your technical prowess to help us architect and build for scale. Be a part of Carta’s growth at an exciting time in the company’s growth. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact on a key team.
Design & build world-class support and delivery systems
- Architect a Salesforce org to scale with a complex, rapidly growing sales org at $100M+ ARR. We use Salesforce across 10+ teams and multiple business units.
- Design and execute on a technical systems architecture roadmap, working cross-functionally with multiple business stakeholders and our SFDC Admin team.
- Proactively understand our go-to-market team’s needs. Design and build the business systems & processes to help streamline their day-to-day workflows and make the experience for end users seamless.
Own Processes and SFDC Systems architecture end-to-end
- Be the expert on Carta’s SFDC Architecture. Design solutions within Salesforce that meet complex business requirements. Be able to communicate a clear vision, design philosophy, and how each component of the org is being built to scale.
- Adapt our SFDC design and tool configuration to a complex, multi-channel sales, CSM, support, and delivery environment.
- Lead conceptual / planning level of the application architecture in collaboration with the SFDC admin team, dev teams, and infosec teams.
- Drive architecture and design technology solutions that solve business problems, while authoring technical specifications and detailed design documents.
- Work cross functionally with teams including internal tools, engineering, data teams, IT, product teams, and business stakeholders to scale our core CRM architecture. Examples include: CPQ and contracting software integration design, routing cases and implementation projects, designing custom objects/tools within Salesforce.
- Leverage your deep expertise integrating Salesforce with data warehouses including S3/AWS, in-house tools, etc to create a scalable data model for the RevOps team, ensuring the accuracy of data and reducing data silos and fragmentation.
- Act as a trusted advisor across business, revops, internal tools, data teams, and engineering to develop thoughtful, forward-thinking solutions.
- Partner with leaders and stakeholders across the go-to-market teams, with a focus on the implementations and support teams, to ensure alignment and make the system seamless.
- Partner with the SFDC Admin team to help level up their skills and help them deliver solutions that scale well. Coaching and leading on systems architecture and design will be a significant part of this role.
- A drive to execute, seek lasting impact, and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small.
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Carta. You relish operating independently while being a team player. You are good at gathering requirements from key stakeholders and developing solutions in Salesforce that meet them.
- Process & systems guru: You’re excited to build elegant, robust processes and scalable systems for a fast-growing, continuously changing organization.
- Project management whiz: You can help scope a complex project, break it into chunks, and execute against a work plan. You communicate deliverables regularly and avoid preventable fire drills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical business-focused leaders. You know how to make the technical relevant and to explain it. You are able to help make Salesforce add value to existing processes and replace inefficient processes.
- You are an owner of the processes, objects, and automations you design. You are able to answer questions about how they work and why. You document processes once they are established.
- You love partnering: You get that organizations are made up of very different parts. You influence others and co-pilot cross-team initiatives. This is a role that will work with many different parts of the organization and being able to build business relationships is vital.
- You know that Salesforce isn’t always the answer: You will offer best practice advice and recommendations, often extending beyond Salesforce to topics around overall systems architecture and CRM best practices.
- Minimum 6 years of Salesforce experience, with increasing responsibilities. Minimum of two years of experience in a Technical Architect role in a high-growth fast paced environment.
- 6 years of Salesforce CRM implementation experience, with 3+ full cycle implementations, including all aspects of Sales and Customer Support processes, CPQ engines for subscription management, price optimization engines, as well as the adjacent systems within the Salesforce eco-system (i.e. marketing automation, databases, external objects, billing system, etc).
- 3 years of demonstrable experience in a Salesforce Technical Architect role.
- Demonstrated expertise designing and delivering business user friendly solutions for complex architectural needs.
- In-depth expertise integrating Salesforce with other systems, including billing and ERP systems, custom integrations, Marketo, etc. Experience integrating Salesforce with common external tools such as data warehouses and in-house custom software.
- Knowledge of Apex, SOQL, Salesforce Lightning Design System, SalesforceDX, and the development process within Salesforce.
- Strong competency with Salesforce automations. Ability to work with admins well and use code only when necessary based on automation complexity, bulkification, or error handling needs.
- Proven track record of developing an organization and achieving results through others.
- Ability to work effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches, and with multiple competing deadlines. Can adapt quickly to changes and has a strong work ethic.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, ability to foster good business relationships and collaborate with business leads and stakeholders.
- Relentless focus on doing what’s right for the business. Have a willingness to take on the tough projects and challenges to support growth with a roll-up your sleeves mentality.
- Experience in a financial services setting is a plus.
- Salesforce Technical Architect certification a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.