At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 900,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
About The Role & Team
The Liquidity team is looking for creative problem solvers to work on a greenfield initiative to build a marketplace for private securities, CartaX.
As the Listings Analyst on the Liquidity team at Carta, you’ll be responsible for engaging with issuers on CartaX, an issuer centric electronic trading platform offering tailored liquidity programs for privately held companies, funds, and other fractional assets. Specifically, you will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing issuers under CartaX’s initial and continued liquidity standards, and making them aware of their eligibility for various liquidity offerings, products and services. You will also be responsible for facilitating the initial application and on-boarding process, as well as facilitating any ongoing issuer benefits and/or obligations applicable under the CartaX liquidity standards.
We are looking for an individual experienced in corporate governance and exchange regulation that is results-oriented and self-motivated. The ideal candidate understands and can support our efforts to promote transparency and efficiency, encourage a more free and open market, and protect investors and the public interest in the context of private securities. The individual in this position will serve as a point of contact for CartaX issuers and their representatives, including management, financial advisors, outside counsel, and auditors in the context of advising, interpreting, and applying the CartaX liquidity tiers. The individual will work within a dynamic and cohesive team that spans across product, business, compliance, and technology.
Problems You Will Solve
- Help provide guidance and interpretation of CartaX’s initial and continued liquidity standards
- Review and analyze transactions for compliance with the shareholder approval rules and process supplemental liquidity applications
- Review and analyze periodic disclosures and other documents filed with CartaX pursuant to the quantitative and qualitative initial and continued CartaX liquidity standards
- Help manage issuers as needed: communicate with internal and external senior management; prepare and present recommendations to CartaX senior leadership regarding issuer services; coordinate with corporate communications, operations, and client services
- Maintain organized and complete documentation regarding all issuer contacts and communications for regulatory and internal audit inspection
Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of accounting/financial statement analysis, general financial markets, and the securities industry
- Working knowledge of general corporation laws, including corporate governance
- Understanding of the initial and continued listing standards of national security exchanges, as well as working knowledge of Regulation SX and SK
- Ability to work independently and function effectively in a high-volume, rapid-pace, deadline-oriented, multi-task environment
- Ability to review and process large amounts of information in a short timeframe
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and follow-up skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interface with senior management of CartaX, as well as with senior representatives of issuers
Carta is a Series F company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.