The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
We are looking for an Executive Assistant (‘EA’) to join our EA team and support the CEO.
You will be responsible for calendaring, meeting and agenda prep, expenses and special projects. You will be based in San Francisco.
- Build trusted partnership with the CEO, the Chief of Staff, Personal Assistant, the broader EA team and other key Cartans across the business.
- Understand how Carta operates and the mechanics of our business units. Know who is responsible for what, which teams are in which office and who our executives and senior leaders are for each business.
- Proactively manage heavy calendars, including internal and external meetings.
- Ensure there is a clear objective and agenda for every meeting.
- Make sure that the CEO has all materials, reading, information for meeting at least 24 hours in advance.
- Ensure the CEO is prepared for speaking events and that relevant parties have signed off on content (marketing, Chief of Staff, etc.).
- Attend meetings with the CEO as needed; take notes, gather follow up action items, and identify who is accountable for next steps. Note that you may be asked to travel with the CEO when necessary.
- Work closely with the Chief of Staff and the CEO’s Personal Assistant on priorities for the CEO.
- Triage and reply to emails, Asana tasks/Google comments and Slack channels as needed.
- Plan and execute team meetings, events and offsites; including the coordination of agendas and materials, budgets, logistics, hospitality and more.
- Book travel and process expenses accurately and in a timely manner for the CEO.
- Manage expenses, travel and time off requests for your executive’s direct reports.
- You are a roll-up-your-sleeves, “get in the weeds,” individual that has experience supporting a CEO or other C-level executive in a fast paced environment.
- You are a self starter that can operate independently, likely with 7+ years of experience, ideally supporting a CEO.
- You are incredibly detail oriented, thoughtful and proactive.
- You have high EQ and act with empathy and compassion at all times.
- You are approachable and helpful at all times, knowing when and how to block and tackle for your executive.
- You know how to find common ground with executives and peers alike to build relationships.
- You have excellent executive presence and are entirely trustworthy.
- You communicate clearly, succinctly, and effectively, in both speaking and writing.
- You are able to work seamlessly with a Personal Assistant, ensuring both personal and professional calendars are cohesive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.