The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
This role will report to the Head of Revenue and Technical Accounting and will also work closely with the Corporate Controller and Assistant Controller. This role will also work with other stakeholders within the Company as necessary to understand the appropriate accounting for diverse transactions.
The Problems You’ll Solve
This role will be responsible for:
- Researching the accounting for complex transactions
- Applying and documenting the appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Facilitating the audit of the accounting conclusions reached
- Drafting appropriate financial statement disclosures related to these transactions
- Other ad-hoc accounting projects and analyses
Areas of complex transactions are growing but currently include:
- Investments including debt securities, equity interests and equity method accounting
- Stock-based compensation including the accounting for modifications, option and RSU plans, and early exercises
- Foreign currency translation and re-measurement
- Leases and adoption of ASC 842
- Accounting for guarantor arrangements
- Other ad-hoc technical accounting projects as they arise
Other important responsibilities will include:
- Assist in drafting financial statement schedules and disclosures
- Perform the financial statement tie-out
- Facilitate management of the audit and PBC request process
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Are a licensed CPA
- Have 4-5 years of audit / public accounting experience
- Have a strong technical background and understanding of complex accounting transactions
- Are able to work independently and involve superiors and others as necessary
- Can manage shifting priorities and multiple simultaneous projects
- Have experience in the SaaS industry
- Are comfortable defending positions under inquiry from external auditors and internal stakeholders
- Are comfortable working with leaders in other departments to understand the details of complex transactions
- Are effective in written communication
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.