The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
Along with your engineering counterpart, you will build our new Developer Ecosystem group from the ground up, partnering heavily with other teams in Platform (SRE, Infrastructure, IAM, R&D Strategy) to plan, design, and launch this transformational product area. You will partner with product and engineering teams across the organization to bring their internal APIs to the Public platform and work with Business teams to cultivate our ecosystem, monetization, GTM, and support strategies.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Build and operate infrastructure to securely and reliably offer Public API products
- Influence new designs and architecture, best practices, and standards in supporting and improving API products
- Build out a developer console, tutorials, analytics, and guides to deliver world-class developer experience
- Partner with product teams to redesign/refactor existing internal APIs
- Secure buy-in from executive and leadership teams to align developer ecosystem with high-level Carta ecosystem vision
- Research and achieve alignment on the most impactful ecosystem configuration for Carta
- Collaborate with Compliance, Legal, and InfoSec teams on data sharing policies and controls
The successful candidate will be part of a cross functional team of engineers, program managers, and other product managers. You will have an extremely high EQ and IQ, and have a strong bias towards action and collaboration. You possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and are able to influence and drive strategy across a wide range of stakeholders.
We’re optimizing for a product leader with at least 6 years of product management experience. Successful candidates will also have several years experience owning Public API products, with associated API Management offerings, and a demonstrable track record of building developer communities and API-enabled partnerships.
The Interview Process
Interviews with the product team including:
- Director of Product, Technology Infrastructure (Hiring Manager)
- Engineering Manager
- Product Manager case interviews (Product Sense, Execution)
- VP of Engineering, Technology Infrastructure
- VP of Engineering, R&D Strategy
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.