The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
Sales Development Representatives “SDRs” that join Carta are the driving force of Carta’s upward trajectory. Our inbound SDRs work with marketing to engage with inbound leads - from CFOs, to Founders, to Chief Legal Officers. As an SDR, you’ll educate these prospects on how Carta can help manage their equity to open up a conversation with the Carta team. Carta SDRs become masters of opening doors in the venture community.
We pride ourselves on investing in our team and promoting from within. All SDRs receive training on Carta software, private market finance, and equity administration along with ongoing training in consultative sales, client management, negotiation and sales operations.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Communicate - Respond to inbound inquiries regarding interest in Carta through multiple applications and channels
- Engage - Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up generating increased interest and excitement in Carta
- Collaborate - Work with Carta Account Executives to secure meetings and follow deals through close
The Impact You’ll Have
You’ll engage with CFOs, Founders, and Co-Founders to intimately understand their business and how Carta can help manage their equity programs. Carta SDRs become masters of opening doors in the venture community.
- Grit - Ambitious, driven, and fearless in the face of rejection
- Coachability - Tremendous desire to learn about FinTech and constantly improve in a “no-egos” environment
- Emotional Intelligence - Ability to read emotional cues, understand a customer’s needs, and navigate a conversation
- Customer-Facing Experience - Experience in dealing with customers face-to-face or over the phone (sales is an extra plus)
- An Interest in Venture Capital / FinTech: If learning about how investors find the next unicorn to invest in, you’re in the right place
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.