The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Valuations Engineering team creates tools for financial equity analysis that are unparalleled in industry. Most engineers on our team are full stack, working not only on the frontend and backend, but also with deeply mathematical problems in financial analysis. We have an immense amount of ownership over the problems that we solve.
Engineers are empowered and encouraged to have an outsized impact. The team has nine engineers, two product managers, and one designer. We work in two pods, because we believe that smaller teams have greater focus. Engineers have opinions about the product they are creating, and we have a strong collaborative relationship between Product and Engineering. Being helpful is ingrained in our culture.
The Problems You’ll Solve
You will push the boundaries of financial automation to provide leverage for Carta’s thriving Valuations business. Carta is the market leader in 409A Valuations with a lean team of financial analysts. Our financial analysts’ efficiency is powered through software, and domain-specific innovation has been the key to our success. You will oftentimes have to analyze a problem, ask fundamental questions, and work with product managers to imagine innovative solutions.
Some of the problems you could be solving include
- How might we implement an algorithm to automatically select publicly traded comparable companies for a private company? How would we measure effectiveness and improve upon this algorithm?
- How do we provide visibility to our business stakeholders so they can understand how numbers and decisions were computed? How do we bulletproof our algorithms?
- What is required for Valuations to separate from the main Carta monolith, and how do we approach this problem so that we are successful?
- How do we continue to move to a service oriented architecture in our codebase while still maintaining a rapid pace in our business deliverables?
- How might we improve performance so that a user can create hundreds of valuations in the time it currently takes to create one?
You have contributed to the architecture and design of large scale systems. You lead effective discussions, and collaborate both within your team and cross-functionally across the organization. You value a strong Engineering culture, and have a growth mindset. You are a self-starter with a bias to action. You look forward to applying your expertise to making an impact
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.