The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Site Reliability Team as Carta is responsible for ensuring high uptime of the Carta app and other production systems in various environments. The team has expertise in systems architecture and design, infrastructure automation using Terraform and ansible, and Kubernetes orchestration. In addition, the SRE team collaborates closely with the InfoSec team on defining secure network boundaries and implementing security policies.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Develop and maintain Terraform configs, Jenkins pipelines, Kubernetes manifest files as IaC and extend these configurations to support new services, features and multiple environments.
- Solve complex dependencies of critical services of various business units and build automation to prevent future problems. Develop automation scripts to streamline system upgrades and pipelines to improve deployment cycle.
- Maximize and maintain high availability of systems and services while ensuring critical business functions are meeting their SLOs.
- Influence new designs and architecture, best practices and standards in supporting and improving Technology platforms.
- Establish monitoring and alerting of production systems and critical applications.
- Own on-call shift to prevent incidents and document your findings into repeatable runbooks as part of improving site availability.
- Work cross functionally with a passion to improve developer productivity.
You will be part of a cross functional team of engineers + product managers, and successful candidates will have extremely high EQ and IQ, with a strong bias towards collaboration. We’re optimizing for strong senior engineers who are excited about the opportunities to work with a fast moving team, as well as previous experience working with:
- Hosting distributed systems on a cloud provider (GCP or AWS)
- Containerization technologies (specifically, Docker and Kubernetes)
- Working with scalable infrastructures
- A mindset for “infrastructure as code” (using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI)
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.