The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The role is specific to the Corporate Development team within the Strategy and Business Operations team at Carta. The Strategy and Business Operations team sits within the Office of the CEO, and assists Henry and the rest of the executive team with crafting, scoping, and driving the vision of Carta as well as operationalizing the business to fullest extent possible. As such, the Strategy and Business Operations team seeks individuals that are intellectually creative, highly analytical, and eager to work on complex business initiatives with unproven business models in absence of perfect information.
The Corporate Development team focuses specifically on how to advance Carta’s strategic vision through acquisitions, investments, and strategic partnerships. The team partners closely with product and business leaders throughout Carta’s different business units to identify areas of interest and engages externally with companies in Carta’s ecosystem to address them. The team is continuing to grow, and we are looking for individuals with a passion for business model innovation and relationship building to help accelerate our mission.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Carta’s mission is to create more owners and to make private markets liquid. As a member of the Strategy and Business Operations team, you will be instrumental in helping define and scoping Carta’s strategy. You will help with complex analyses of different industries, both ones in which Carta already has a presence as well as those in which we do not. As a member of the Corporate Development team specifically, you will help execute on high-leverage transactions to help drive Carta’s strategy forward, including acquisitions, investments, and partnerships. Specifically, you will:
- Work closely with product and business leaders within Carta to identify areas of interest and focus
- Analyze industries and products of interest to Carta and develop execution strategies that will dictate acquisition, investment, or partnership strategies
- Engage with external companies in the Carta ecosystem and develop relationships with high priority teams
- Execute high-leverage transactions that will have a material impact on the business
Passionate, creative, multi-faceted individual who can:
- Quickly familiarize themselves with the Carta product and ecosystem
- Analyze and develop formulated theses on markets and products in Carta’s ecosystem
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders as well as with external CEOs and founders
- Own cross-functional projects such as acquisitions and integrations from start to finish
- Strong executive presence with ability to articulate opinions to a diverse audience
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.