The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will lead the Corporate Development team within the broader Strategy and Business Operations team at Carta. The Strategy and Business Operations team sits within the Office of the CEO, and assists our CEO and our executive team with crafting, scoping, and driving Carta’s vision as well as operationalizing key initiatives. As such, the Strategy and Business Operations team seeks individuals that are intellectually creative, highly analytical, and eager to work on complex business initiatives with unproven business models in absence of perfect information.
The Corporate Development team advances Carta’s vision through acquisitions, investments, and strategic partnerships. The team partners closely with product and business leaders throughout Carta’s different business units to identify areas of interest and engages externally with companies in Carta’s ecosystem to address them.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Carta’s mission is to create more owners and to make private markets liquid. As the Head of Corporate Development, you’ll be instrumental in helping define Carta’s strategy and executing upon it using acquisitions, Carta Ventures, and strategic partnerships. You will work closely with the Product, Business, and Engineering leads of Carta’s different business units to identify areas of need and future growth opportunities within the Carta ecosystem. Specifically, you will drive solutions on the following:
- Lead industry research and diligence to determine areas and companies of interest within the Carta ecosystem
- Help Carta make build, buy, invest, or partnership decisions
- Engage with targets and maintain strong relationships with companies and teams of interest
- Work cross functionally with leaders in different functional / product areas within Carta to to drive corporate development projects
- Lead and execute high-leverage transactions that will have a material impact on Carta’s business and future growth
- Recruit and develop team to drive more leverage within Corporate Development
You will be the driving force behind building and executing on the corporate development strategy at Carta. We’re looking for a passionate, creative, multi-faceted individual who can:
- Demonstrate extensive understanding of Carta’s business and future growth opportunities
- Develop theses on markets and products in Carta’s ecosystem while simultaneously maintaining an execution-focused mindset for completing transactions and projects
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders as well as with external CEOs, founders, and investors
- Articulate product and acquisition theses and align internal teams behind a common goal / outcome
- Source, negotiate, and execute transactions (acquisitions and investments)
- Manage large teams at scale and mentor junior team members
- Experience in enterprise software, SaaS, financial services, and/or fintech a plus