The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The GTM Lead will work on the Strategy & Business Operations team within the Office of the CEO. This role will partner closely with the Singapore Investor Services and Fund Admin team in generating leads and supporting sales by delivering the value proposition of an integrated Carta platform. This role will also work closely with the Singapore Engineering Lead in localizing the Corporations product to Singapore.
The Problems You Will Solve
Private markets liquidity is a global problem. Carta will be a global solution. Asia Pacific is the largest and fastest growing VC market outside of the US, with Southeast Asia outpacing the growth of the US by 3x. But growth is not matched with liquidity. The public markets in Asia lack the liquidity to support high-growth tech IPOs; more viable exit paths are often M&A or, for the best breakout companies, listings abroad. Carta can be the facilitator of liquidity in Asia, and our Singapore office is a bet on liquidity in Asia over the next decade.
Singapore is strategic to the broader Carta platform. Singapore is the ideal incubation lab for our international playbook, with characteristics of a pre-Carta Silicon Valley, amplified by a government with a mandate to promote investments in tech and innovation. Infrastructure, transparency, and liquidity in the VC ecosystem are essential to that mandate. Singapore offers an opportunity to grow our expansion playbook and toolset so that as we continue to expand to other countries, we can do so with increasing velocity.
Singapore will also serve as a fund administration hub for Carta with international capabilities such as IFRS. We will build this capability first to fund the expenses of the Singapore office, then as a service we can offer the rest of our Fund Admin business.
Within Year 1, Singapore GTM Lead will:
- Define Carta’s market positioning and value proposition to the APAC VC ecosystem
- Design and execute channel strategy and measurement framework; set target metrics and develop dashboard to track Carta’s ecosystem penetration and Launch progress
- Sign companies onto Launch through key channels including Investor Services prospects, incubator/accelerator partnerships, and law firm advocates
- Elevate Carta’s brand awareness and generate leads for Investor Services, Corporations, and partnerships
- Support Investor Services sales by delivering integrated value proposition
- Understand local requirements and work with Singapore Engineering Lead in localization
Roll-up-your sleeves, “swiss army knife” individual who is able to:
- Thrive in a low-leverage environment
- Understand the long-term strategic value of the Singapore office to the Carta platform
- Define work plan, measurement framework, and execute against plan
- Effectively form relationships within the Singapore VC ecosystem
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.