At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 900,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
At the center of our vision is taking the most powerful concepts in software creation (database creation, control flow, user interface design) and making them usable for everyone in the world. We’re looking for Product Designers to contribute to this challenge from start to finish: understanding how people solve their problems through software, evolving our mental models to facilitate this problem solving, crafting intuitive and beautiful interactions that are a joy to use, and shipping features that impact our business metrics. If you like engaging with complex, powerful tools and forging simple, elegant solutions, we look forward to having you apply.
We are looking for a strong designer to envision how corporations manage equity and ownership records. Someone who can drive strategy, ideation, prioritization, problem solving, and product delivery. If you are passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex problems that drive direct value to users, we would love to talk with you.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will need expertise and practical experience in software and application design, from concept through development and release. Excellent communication skills and a track record of influencing the direction of large products are essential for this role.
Problems You Will Solve
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data to uncover customer insights and influence strategy to help define and execute the roadmap
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and testing for your features
- Participate in weekly design workshops and act as a mentor for junior designers
- Design to consistently scale and leverage shareable components for web and application
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
- Deep understanding of how to prototype at the appropriate degrees of fidelity to solicit clear customer feedback
- Experience designing for measurable outcomes including the ability to participate in both generative and evaluative user research
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to innovate within and expand existing design systems
- Systems design experience and portfolio examples
- Visual design experience
Carta is a Series F company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.