At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 900,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
Carta is hiring a Staff Software Engineer in our San Francisco office to build products and services powered by Carta’s ownership graph: the central registry of asset ownership across the globe.
You’ll play a foundational role in Carta’s fast-growing Corporations Engineering organization, which is responsible for features needed by late-stage private companies as well as public companies. You’ll help to deliver reliable and scalable solutions that enable our largest and most valuable customers to grow on the Carta platform.
Applicants must have strong technical skills, be excited by “zero to one” projects, and enjoy working closely with stakeholders across engineering, product, business, and marketing. Our tech stack is Python, Django, React, Postgres. Prior experience in FinTech and all these technologies is ideal, but not required. Our team consists of people who are happy to help you learn everything you need to be successful at Carta.
- Architecture, design and implementation of a highly available, secure, and scalable reporting platform.
- Logging and monitoring of platforms for proactive assurance of availability and performance.
- Work with product directly to help shape and form requirements for complex, large scale initiatives.
- Measuring results of system changes through metrics, both in speed and in business value.
- 8+ years Full stack or back-end engineering experience, with strong systems fundamentals
- Experience with service oriented architecture
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems.
- Experience with Python or Java
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable regularly working in team environments
- Experience architecting complex SaaS products
- Experience working with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and build thoughtful solutions
Carta is a Series F company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.