At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
Carta is looking for a seasoned Lead Technical Product Manager in our Kitchener-Waterloo office to lead product development and build a product team for our Infrastructure group.
As the Lead Technical Product Manager for Platform at Carta, you’ll work cross-functionally on strategy, planning, and execution within our fast-growing R&D Core organization. You’ll be responsible for leading key product efforts that create leverage for Carta’s engineering organization. You’ll gather requirements, oversee design and development, and drive adoption of Infrastructure services, including frameworks, tools, and systems that enable developer productivity and catalyze our transition to a service-oriented architecture. You’ll work closely with stakeholders across the engineering department, and collaborate with product managers across the business. You’ll build and manage a high impact team through hiring, coaching, developing and enabling a team of Technical Product Managers.
The ideal candidate will have solid product management skills and experience building usable frameworks and tools for engineers. Management experience is valuable, but not a prerequisite. Prior experience in FinTech is not required: our team is highly collaborative and happy to help you learn everything you need to be successful at Carta. Join us!
- Spearhead Carta’s Infrastructure product efforts, working closely with your engineering counterpart to understand Carta’s application infrastructure and developer productivity pain points.
- Plan, design, deliver, and evangelize Infrastructure services for the Carta platform that are usable, reliable, resilient, and scalable.
- Drive adoption of new systems and deprecation of legacy systems.
- Produce educational materials for Carta teams to grok Infrastructure concepts, best practices, standards, and system design.
- Communicate product strategy and roadmaps to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Define and monitor top-level product KPIs and drive prioritization/strategy discussions leveraging both data and intuition.
- Provide best-in-class support for our high-growth, global engineering and product organization.
- Build a new technical product management team from scratch and help shape Carta’s platform product practice.
- 6-8 years of product management experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or other quantitative field or equivalent work experience
- Strong roadmapping, sprint-planning, and project-management skills
- A collaborative attitude and a helpful personality
- Experience working with engineers as customers
- Demonstrate technical aptitude
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Experience building a distributed system in a services-oriented architecture
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.