At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
As the Senior Technical Product Manager for SRE at Carta, you’ll work cross-functionally on strategy, planning, and execution within our fast-growing R&D Core organization. You’ll be responsible for leading key efforts that ensure Carta’s environments and systems are reliable, resilient, performant, scalable, and operable. You’ll gather requirements, oversee design and development, and drive adoption of new systems and technologies. You’ll work closely with stakeholders across the engineering department, and collaborate with product managers across the business.
The ideal candidate will have solid product management skills and prior experience as an SRE or systems engineer. Management experience is valuable, but not a prerequisite. Prior experience in FinTech is not required: our team is highly collaborative and happy to help you learn everything you need to be successful at Carta.
- Spearhead Carta’s SRE product efforts, working closely with your engineering counterpart to reduce the fragility of Carta systems while increasing the velocity of service development and deployment.
- Ensure the Carta ecosystem is reliable, resilient, scalable, performant, and operable.
- Work with engineering leadership to assess and validate introducing new technologies.
- Evangelize proper observability and incident response practices, Just culture, and psychological safety.
- Introduce self-service functionality that enables engineers while also safeguarding underlying systems.
- Communicate product strategy and roadmaps to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Define and monitor top-level product KPIs and drive prioritization/strategy discussions leveraging both data and intuition.
- Provide best-in-class support for our high-growth, global product and engineering organization.
- 3-5 years of product management experience.
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, technical degree, or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience working as an SRE or systems engineer, or working as a product manager for an SRE team
- Knack for catalyzing new system adoption through evangelism, education, and self-service functionality
- Strong roadmapping, sprint-planning, and project-management skills
- A collaborative attitude and a helpful personality
- Experience working with engineers as customers
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Ansible, and JenkinsX
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with systems thinking architecture and design
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.