At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
We entered the Fund Administration business in 2018 to become the source of truth on ownership for VCs. We did so by combining the security level data from Carta capitalization tables with transaction level data from the general ledger. This allows us to serve as the system of record for investors. As the product manager of Fund Accounting, you will be building an accounting platform for scale. Owning data at the most granular level and being able to connect it to entities in Carta, allows us to build 10X experiences for fund managers and their investors.
This is one of the biggest strategic initiatives at Carta in 2020. Success in this role will have an outsized impact on the future of Carta. Read more about how we envision the future of Fund Accounting here.
- Domain expertise: Develop an understanding of VC and Fund Accounting to develop hypotheses on how to scale the business.
- Data analysis: Work heavily with Carta data, primarily doing analysis in support of product strategy, implementation or go to market. Product intuition is important but we don’t solely rely on it.
- Write product briefs: Author the documents that frame ‘the why’ within the product development process.
- Testing sessions: Conduct manual testing with Product, Design, Engineering and the business teams.
- OKRs: Understand how we use OKRs and execute product development initiatives that are aligned to your own OKRs.
- Launch support: Work with our go-to-market teams to implement marketing strategies for our products. Identify the triggers and compelling messages those teams can use to accelerate our expansion within customer bases. Write and compile release notes to inform internal stakeholders.
- Communication: Collaborate with internal teams like Sales, Marketing, Finance and Support on product releases and strategic initiatives.
- 4-8 years of prior Product Manager experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or other quantitative fields
- Strong roadmapping, sprint-planning, and project-management skills
- A collaborative attitude and a helpful personality
- Experience working with internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Experience and knowledge about Venture Capital, Accounting, or the Investment ecosystem.
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.